August 2, 2018
Is your infrastructure DevOps ready?
Enterprise DevOps. On the surface, it seems like the right answer to keeping business objectives running at optimum levels. But when your IT team dives a little deeper, the complexities rise to the surface and progress stalls before it even has a chance to begin.
- Can your current tools address security and application monitoring for maximum visualization for informed decision making?
- Can your current infrastructure leverage the cloud?
- What type of containers will be utilized for deployment anytime, anywhere?
- How will you utilize automation to ensure stable and scalable deployments?
- IT teams will support internal systems that employees use. How will you cultivate a collaborative culture between development and support teams?
DevOps: System Evaluation Overview
End-to-end workflow automation is a critical part of any DevOps toolkit. These tools should enable your team to submit requests effortlessly, sync & export documents, and integrate financials when necessary.
Syncing information between systems; the ability to create custom workflow events and triggers; and aggregate all your data for secure analysis, reporting and sharing is a critical part of DevOps. Evaluate current configuration tools and systems for their ability to work with the other components of your system.
DevOps tools include a healthy mix of intelligent solutions that can provide both analytics and security monitoring, capacity planning, and availability and performance. Features like cross-platform syncing, data aggregation from different systems, available in a web-based platform are critical to intelligent processes.
Cloud & Virtualization
The best DevOps toolkits include a hosting environment that eases application installations and configures security easily. In advanced cases, application support and managed administration services are required. Platforms like Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, & Amazon Web Services are the best place to begin, but access and knowledge of cloud add-ons are critical to collaborative DevOps environments.
- Platform Synchronization
- Eliminates Manual Processes
- Data Storage, Accessibility & Security
- Workflow Automation w/ Event Triggers
- Robust data Analysis w/Data Aggregation